Borexino News & Milestones:
(last updated: Wednesday, 31-Oct-2018 12:51:39 CET)
Oct 24, 2018: Comprehensive measurement of pp-chain solar neutrinos
- INFN Press release:
English: “Over 10 years of scientific successes: thanks to Borexino today we know the Sun with unprecedented detail”
Italian: “Oltre 10 anni di successi scientifici: grazie a Borexino oggi conosciamo il Sole con un dettaglio senza precedenti”
- Other comments & coverage:
“A first 'snapshot' of the complete spectrum of neutrinos emitted by the sun”
“Neutrinos sunny side up”
Jun, 2018: The Borexino collaboration mourns the loss of Corrado Salvo
Sep, 2017: Workshop: Recent developments in Neutrino Physics and Astrophysics
- The Borexino Collaboration celebrates in L’Aquila (Italy) the 10th anniversary of data-taking
Feb 22, 2016:
Prof. G.Bellini awarded the International Prize “Bruno Pontecorvo”
(see also here).
- “for his outstanding contributions to the development of low-energy neutrino detection methods,
their realization in the Borexino detector, and the important solar and geo-neutrino
results obtained in this experiment”.
Dec 03, 2015: A test of electric charge conservation with Borexino
Aug, 2015: Spectroscopy of geoneutrinos from 2056 days of Borexino data
Sep 05, 2014: "A special BOREXINO event" at LNGS ( E. Majorana lecture hall )
Aug 28, 2014: Neutrinos from the primary proton-proton fusion process in the Sun
Oct 02, 2012: Measurement of CNGS muon neutrino speed with Borexino (no, neutrinos aren't faster than light)
- It looks like our results on p-p neutrino measurement have attracted some general public interest.
Here is a list of articles on the subject appared on the international press.
Feb 07, 2012: PeP paper have been been highlighted with a Synopsis on the Physics website http://physics.aps.org
Feb 02, 2012: First Evidence of pep Solar Neutrinos by Direct Detection in Borexino
Jan 16, 2012: Absence of a day–night asymmetry in the 7Be solar neutrino rate in Borexino
Sep 30, 2011: Precision Measurement of the 7Be Solar Neutrino Interaction Rate in Borexino
May 11, 2011: Muon and cosmogenic neutron detection in Borexino
Jan 31, 2011: Study of solar and other unknown anti-neutrino fluxes with Borexino at LNGS
Aug 05, 2010: Measurement of the solar 8B neutrino rate (3 MeV energy threshold)
Mar 01, 2010: Observation of Geo-Neutrinos
- Italian press coverage of our Geo-Neutrino research (partial list):
- "Le particelle che arrivano dal centro della Terra" from ANSA
- "La prima volta dei geoneutrini" from "Galileo"
- "visti per la prima volta i geoneutrini" from "PrimaDaNoi"
- "Particelle dal cuore della Terra" from "Il Centro"
- "Particelle dal centro della terra" from "La Repubblica"
- "Primo sguardo al centro della Terra" from "Il Corriere della Sera"
Apr 06, 2009: Dramatic earthquake hit Abruzzo
Aug 21, 2008: Measurement of the solar 8B neutrino flux with 246 live days of Borexino and observation of the MSW vacuum-matter transition
Jun 18, 2008: CNGS (CERN->LNGS) neutrino beam (re)started
May 25, 2008: New results on solar neutrino fluxes from 192 days of Borexino data
Aug 16, 2007: First real time detection of 7Be solar neutrinos by Borexino!
- Borexino first results have got some press coverage (partial list):
- Aug 27, 2007: Borexino featured on /.
- Aug 20, 2007: Borexino featured on "Le Scienze" (Italian)
- Aug 20, 2007: Borexino featured on "La Repubblica" (Italian)
- Aug 20, 2007: NSF Press Release 07-105: "Catching Some Rays"
May 16, 2007 01:25 CEST: first run with full detector started: we are taking data!
May 15, 2007 11:25 CEST: Borexino filling completed!
May 14, 2007: filling of the Water Tank have been completed
Apr 27, 2007: filling of the Inner Vessel have been completed
Apr 16, 2007: PC procurement at Sarroch have been completed
Feb 06, 2007: About 300 m³ of PC in the SSS
Jan 09, 2007: Water Tank filling has begun
Jan 08, 2007: PC delivery from Sarroch to LNGS has begun
Dec 20, 2006: First batch of scintillator (~11,000 liters) in Borexino!
Nov 10, 2006: Borexino SSS filled with water
May 07, 2004: Inner vessels installed and inflated
(Local: LNGS users news)